Keith Adams, Acting Manager
3rd Street & Martha’s Lane
Recycling pickups are every other Wednesday. Please refer to the County Recycling Guide below for specific dates. Call the County of Burlington at (609) 267-6889 for curbside collection issues. The Borough also accepts textiles for recycling. Textiles may be brought to the Public Works yard for drop off.
For the latest in Recycling New, read up on how to recycle plastic packaging, bag and wraps!
The Borough’s contract for trash pick-up is with Waste Management through 2020.
Starting the week of Memorial Day trash is picked up twice weekly (Tuesday and Friday). During this time, Bulk Pickup will be on Fridays.
Beginning the week after Labor Day, there will one weekly collection, (Tuesday) will resume. During this time, Bulk Pickup will be on Tuesdays.
The week of May 29, 2017 will begin twice weekly pick-ups ending on September 8, 2017.
The week of May 28, 2018 will begin twice weekly pick-ups ending on September 7, 2018.
The week of May 27, 2019 will begin twice weekly pick-ups ending on September 6, 2019.
The week of May 25, 2020 will begin twice weekly pick-ups ending on September 4, 2020.
Drop Off Guidelines
- Trash must be bagged and in containers not to exceed 50lbs.
- Monday holidays will not alter Tuesday’s pick up.
- Call Public Works for Bulk Trash questions
- Call Public Works for any missed stops.
PLEASE, NO DROP OFF FOR:
- No Televisions
- No Propane Tanks
- No Computers
- No Concrete or Bricks
- No Tires without a receipt (Tire disposal fee is $5.00 per tire and may be paid for during business hours at the Borough Hall.)
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS FOR DROP OFF:
- Household Bagged Trash
- Brush and Tree Trimmings
- Paint and Household Chemicals
- Fluorescent Bulbs
- Anti-Freeze and Oil in sealed containers
- Textiles in textile bins
Leaf Collection 2017-2018
Residents must have leaves to the curb by Monday 7am the WEEK OF PICKUP
River side of Borough Pick up weeks:
November 6, November 20, December 4. Resuming throughout the month of April 2018.
Park side of Borough Pick up weeks:
November 13, November 27, December 11. Resuming throughout the month of April 2018.
The deadline for private contractor leaf pickup is December 15. After that date, it will be their responsibility to haul the leaves.
December 18-22, 2017 All Streets final pick up and street sweeping for the year.
Grass Clipping Disposal
PLEASE KEEP DRAINS CLEAR OF DEBRIS! INCLUDING GRASS, BRUSH AND LEAVES
- Grass clippings may not be co-mingled with leaves and/or brush. Please keep this in mind when doing yard work.
- Grass Clippings and weeds MUST be bagged as trash. When bagged properly, it can be picked up by trash collector, or dropped off at the DPW Yard.
No grass clippings, dirt or garden debris may be placed on the street.
- January 8, 2018 will begin the pickup starting on the river side. Pickups alternate from week to week from January thru October from river side to park side.
- Have brush to curb no later than Monday the week of pick up at 7am.
- No contractors brush will be taken.
May – October sweepings occur once a month pending mechanical issues and staff availability.
The Borough offers free mulch at the Public Works Yard for Borough Residents only. There will not be any deliveries made for mulch.
Our goal is to clear the roads to make them as safe as possible. Snow is removed curb to curb. Help us help you by remembering the following:
- Park your vehicles on the odd side of the road to assist in street plowing.
- Once plowed, please move vehicles to the even side allowing the road crew to finish the plowing.
- Keep the curb line clear of garbage cans, branches, portable basketball nets, and vehicles.
- Consider shoveling your driveway out after your street plowing has been completed. It cannot be helped that plowing area roadways will cause snow to block driveways, at times.
- Walkways must be shoveled within 24 hours of the end of the snowfall.
- Call PSE&G directly to report power outages.